For the past two years, I have been working in Manhattan. The Hustle and bustle of the city became part of my daily life. Ever since the lockdown started, I realized how much I missed all the noise that made the city alive to me. For example, The annoying horn of the taxis, sounds of the train moving, the train operator’s announcement, the buzzing noise of people talking around me. All those noises I never paid attention to because they were noise and time to time these noises annoyed me, I crave for them. I was unable to relive my city life. Then I found a video on YouTube called “Taste of New York.” The video maker captured every noise that makes New York alive. I started to listen to those noises and found a rhythm to it. The noises became sound to me. Even though the city isn’t fully open yet, but I had the taste of my city life through this video, and it also made me realized how much I love this city and its noises.
Follow us on Instagram ► http://instagram.com/filmspektakel Contact us ► office(at)filmspektakel.at This is the third episode of our independent „A Taste of …
Music is one of the ways to connect with ourselves. To me, what I listen to always reflect what I feel. Music helps me to focus on my tasks. I like to listen to music when I’m walking, studying, or before going to sleep. When I’m exercising music, I hear to uplift my energy. I listen to ambient music while I’m studying or reading books. It gives a sense of calmness. It helps me to stay focus. The 1st device I used to listen to music was an MP4 player. I had only two songs downloaded, and I listened to them on repeat all the time. Over time the way we listen to music has changed. Nowadays, I use a YouTube music app to listen to music. The device we use to listen to music also changed. I have learned if you spend a good amount of money on the device your music experience will change drastically.
Is the the purpose of the essay to educate, announce, entertain, or persuade?
- The purpose of the essay to educate.
Who might be interested in the topic of the essay?
- Students, peers, professor
Who would be impacted by the essay or the information within it?
- Students who are interested in the topic.
What does the reader know about this topic?
- The topic is useful & have strong thesis statement.
What does the reader need to know in order to understand the essay’s points?
- The essay is well researched. It would be helpful to use dictionary or internet search to understand unfamiliar vocabulary.
What kind of hook is necessary to engage the readers and their interest?
- A strong thesis statement and a good introduction to make reader comfortable about the rest of the writing.
What level of language is required? Words that are too subject-specific may make the writing difficult to grasp for readers unfamiliar with the topic.
- Academic level of language required. Words should be understandable and not out of context .
What is an appropriate tone for the topic? A humorous tone that is suitable for an autobiographical, narrative essay may not work for a more serious, persuasive essay.
- Tone should be depend on the topic is written about.
- Write a draft of your opening paragraph based on Chpter 3.2 Opening Paragraphs from English Composition: Connect, Collaborate, Communicate.
- NY is one of the most crowded cities in the world. People come to NY from all over the places. Subway, restaurants, sidewalk are always crowded. It’s impossible to maintain distance from one another. when coronavirus pandemic hit in NY and governor asked everyone to stay at home it felt less like reality. In few days NY became a ghost city. Only essential worker was still working outside. The photograph by Yunghi Kim shows because less people are going outside, people are able to maintain social distancing in the subway to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
Mona lisa is one of the most famous painting of leonardo da vinci. People who don’t understand art they also know that this painting is famous for her facial expression. The mysterious smile. But in this meme her expression is cover with musk. For past few weeks government is encouraging people to wear musk to stop spread of corona virus. This new picture send the massage to people that if Mona lisa can wear musk and hide her famous smile we can also wear musk and save life . John Berger said in his video that re produce paintings are been use as form of information. In this picture Mona lisa is being use to create social awareness to wear musk .