Why Art Matters

Art is a mirror where people are meant to move either on an intellectual or emotional level. It tells the thousand meanings of a subject no words are required to express. Art matters in our lives because we live in a visual world and art existed as long as man has. Art is a part of our lives; it is a huge part of our culture which shapes our ideas, understanding and level of thinking and vice versa. It provides us with a hidden meaning,deeper understanding, emotions and self awareness and many more.  Art is a powerful tool to express the hidden secrets.In the video “Why art matters”  speakers talk about the importance of art in lives and way of perception .Art is a medium to represent the things generation to generation and put it alive.It is the way of understanding and looking at and thinking about the way images communicate in all kinds of ways is important to being alive today. In addition,it attracts the sort of emotion, attraction to an environment which molds to be a  better person. Art helps to be more aware ,alert, present space because there is so much detail on it. Furthermore, the speaker talks about art is every wheres , not only in museums. It could be anywhere in the street,in a park or looking at a building or even in a movie.Art is not limited or just only part of a museum’s art is everywhere in everyday life. The speaker suggests to be first  impressed by the art, just stop and take a breath and look a little deeper at something, there are so many details around that  you absorb if you really just take a moment and just let it come in and listen. It is clear that art carries many meanings and how we rely on art, in all of it’s forms,in our everyday lives. it reveals our lives  because we are surrounded by art, it is not just a painting it is a mirror to show you the reality of the world.   

3 thoughts on “Why Art Matters

1. Tereza Koniakovska - Bors

Hi, I really enjoyed reading of your essay. I think you nicely summarized the video and added a depth to it. I appreciated your creative parables like the one with the mirror or when you called the art as a medium.

2. Dilora Kabilova

I was attracted to your comparison of art with a mirror. I agree with your opinion that art, like a mirror, reflects human life from the very first days of the emergence of our civilization.