- Is the purpose of the essay to educate, announce, entertain, or persuade?
The purpose of the essay is to educate because it tells a lot of facts and information which may be new for us .In addition, it persuades us to think in depth which helps to develop our thinking level and ideas.
2. Who might be interested in the topic of the essay?Readers and students are more interested in the topic of the essay because it tells a whole body parts of the essay. Professors are also equally interested to judge the topic of the essay.
3. Who would be impacted by the essay or the information within it?
The students and the readers who are interested in the topic.
4. What does the reader know about this topic?
Topic sentences announce what the paragraph will be discussed in the entire essay.
5. What does the reader need to know in order to understand the essay’s points?
The tone of language and the writer’s intention and presentation of central idea or thesis statement. Specificity, precision, ability to be argued, ability to be demonstrated, forcefulness, and confidence.
6. What kind of hook is necessary to engage the readers and their interest?
In the essay the fact and definition plays a key to interest their reader because it surprises the reader.Therefore writers always need to find something unique and interesting to engage the readers and their interest.
7. What level of language is required? Words that are too subject-specific may make the writing difficult to grasp for readers unfamiliar with the topic.
The writer should always use academic clear and appropriate language that readers can understand easily .
8. What is an appropriate tone for the topic? A humorous tone that is suitable for an autobiographical, narrative essay may not work for a more serious, persuasive essay.
It depends on the type of topics of the essay. A writer chooses a tone to convey the reader for a thesis statement. For instance, if the essay topic is celebratory, a festive,joyous and informal tone is more suitable.
Write a draft of your opening paragraph based on Chapter 3.2 Opening Paragraphs from English Composition: Connect, Collaborate, Communicate
Essay is an art of exploring ideas and concepts to established reader interest. The main purpose of essay writing is to teach a student to think critically and analyze. The purpose of writing an essay is to deliver information to the students, peers, and professor. Therefore, in the essay introductions should begin with an engaging lead or opener to evoke reader’s interest. The information that can be new, changed or updated. The main point of the essay is thesis statement which summarize the whole essay in one word.A thesis statement is a promise to the reader about what the essay will be about and it offers a concise summary of the main point or claim of the essay. Thesis statement allows students to vow their view and sum up what the entire essay will be about. It help to predict the content of the essay and suggests how the writer will organize the information. Writer goal is to inform the new information with the general facts or ideas about the topic. It is a great exercise of the brain and develop the ability to analysis.
I also think that “Thesis statement allows students to vow their view and sum up what the entire essay will be about”. I agree with this and a strong thesis statement is a must in an essay, especially in the introduction.