1 Answers of questions From Chapter 2.2 Prewriting in English.
There are four types of Writing : expository , descriptive , persuasive and narrative.
- Is the purpose of the essay to educate , announce, entertain or persuade ?
The purpose of the essay is to persuade because in this essay , the instructor teaches and shows the important of prewriting before the final writing.Doing so is the most good key that will lead you to come out with a good standing out essay
- Who might be interested in the topic of essay ?
Usually we think that it is only the graders who might be interested to the essays topics . But besides them , our essay’s topics that we chose go fare beyond those who we think they reading it .Students , peers and reviewers ( writing tutors, peer mentors ) , Readers , professors are interested at too .
- who will be impacted by the essay or the information within it ?
It is the reader who would be impacted by the essay or the information within it that’s why when the writer is writing is essay , he chose wisely hi topic , which may convince the reader.
- What does the reader know about this topic ?
The reader know that the topic should be useful, give important informations and he also pay attention about the structure of the topic .
- What the reader need to know in order to understand the essay’s point ?
The reader needs to know that any writer should be able to show well his organisation, confidence and clarity.
- What kind of hook is necessary to engage the readers and their interest ?
All start in the introduction , because a good one let the reader to have a ” “taste” of what will be the next . And it comes with a meaningful general idea , a good and sensitive theses statements.
- What level of language is required ? Words that are too subject-specific may make the writing difficult to grasp for readers unfamiliar with the topic .
The level of language requires is the Academic one and it should be clear with words which are not difficult to be understood. Every chosen words should have its sense it the context.
- What is an appropriate tone for the topic ? A humorous tone that is suitable for an autobiographical narrative essay may not work for more serious persuasive essay .
The appropriate tone for the topic is persuasive essay , the instructor is telling and teaching the student how to do and write a good essay . He is convincing the student to change her ways of writing in order to succeed .
2 The draft of an opening paragraph
Usually , some students , before writing their draft essay , organise their work by prewriting the topic of what the have to develop in it .In contrast , some think it is unnecessary to do so and then jump straight to the essay or they are afraid of being catch up with their time management.Therefore they end with unclear essay or get stuck because they lack of ideas to develop their essay .