- Krukowski suggests at the beginning of the episode when he states “the marginal-the rejected-the repressed-is whatever the powerful have decided is of no use at the moment” suggests that those in power, or rather the majority, are who decide what is represented in digital media.
- These are different because they can be used for positive influences rather than have a negative impact on the public.
- The difference is that when you are surprised by new music, it is something you have stumbled upon, whereas discovering new music is when you search for new music within a genre or a certain theme.
- According to Krukowski, noise is dependent on the person, Is any sound that does not relay information but is instead a distraction. Signals on the other hand transmit information to the listener.
- The central idea of noise is that is subjective to the listener, and that noise to one person may not be noise to another.
- This episode relates to other episodes since noise and signals are a new change that is moderately new in technology, and is prevalent now in all forms of media that contain sound.