DB#6 Episodes 3 & 4
1 .According to Krukowski, what are the main differences between a microphone and a cellphone and why is this difference important?
– The difference between the microphone and cellphone are microphone can only be spoke into with a receiver, and cellphone can be use to connect with an individual to communicate.
2. What do Krukowski and Gary Tomlinson, the professor he interviews, assert about the “musical” qualities of the voice and how are these changed by digital transmission?
– Voice has been changed by digital transmission is what we can replay and hear it again, Knowing auto tune can be use as a digital voice to customize how you want to sound.
3. What is the significance of Krukowski’s comments on the voice to ideas about community and interpersonal connection?
-Kurkowski comments on the voice idea has build Digital voice and knowing how to share voice over these digital.
- Krukowski begins by discussing the issue of music file sharing. What is your opinion of this issue? Should music be freely available or should one have to pay?
-Music should be free because it a way to people enjoy your songs but you still can make monkey from live concert and doing other shows. I think music should be available all around for free to people to listen. I think in this day and age people will most like listen music on youtube for free then paying for a CD.
2.How does this episode represent the relationships between music, community, and culture?
– The relationships between the music community and culture can be really all together it depends on what type of music your listening to and the genre to it. Different culture has it owns music and it own community who listen to their own music.