Blog Posts 4

The Beatles – We Can Work It Out

The Beatles performing “We Can Work It Out.” “In “We Can Work It Out, Paul did the first half, I did the middle eight. But you’ve got Paul writing, ‘We can work it out, we can work it out’ – real optimistic, y’know, and me impatient, ‘Life is very short and there’s no time for fussing and fighting my friend’.”

My father has been a fan of “The Beatles” band since his youth. All my childhood was filled with songs of this legendary four. Each time, the sounds of the Beatles songs take me deep into childhood when my father and I listened to these songs on vinyl players and reel players every day. Over time, these songs began to sound from my father’s cassette player when he drove me to school. Gradually, this habit of listening to the Beatles’ songs grew into a love of this group. In present, listening to these songs in my car or through the headphones creates my personal hidden space in which I can disconnect from the real world full of problems and obligations. The familiar sounds of the Beatles songs like a cozy blanket cover me with memories and return me to a carefree childhood. Certainly, sounds pleasant to our hearing help us create some kind of hidden space for thought and creates a romantic and slightly utopian world. On the other hand, this is a shelter created by ourselves in which we can, with the help of sounds, be inspired and gain experience.