How art Can help you analyze blog post

The three categories of Intellectual Standard that is shown in this video are depth, logic and accuracy. It showed in detail how art can help in everything. It can conjure strong emotions and deep thoughts, or simply dazzle us with its visual brilliance. Everyone’s reaction to art may be different, but its ability to impact us is unquestioned. Depth can mean the distance between the closest and farthest objects in a photo that appears acceptably sharp. What’s more, it can mean depth in thinking. Whenever you look at an art or a portrait you have to spend some time analyzing this piece of art as you are able to stimulate both unconscious and conscious brain functions. We’re able to recognize depth in this video as you look at Rene Magritte’s “Time Transfixed” you find out that there is a train whose origin and destination aren’t recognized which is emerging from the fireplace and the smoke from the locomotive appears to flow up the chimney. Where is the fire? What happened to the candles? Understanding how to look at art lets you make the most out of the experience by keeping your brain active and involved. This can be done by thinking about the piece, what it represents and what it says about the artist. The second thing we can figure out is logic. Each time you look at a piece of art, your brain is working to make sense of the visual information it’s receiving. From highly lifelike portraits to abstract collections of rectangles, looking at art stimulates the brain and puts our innate knack for organizing patterns and making sense of shapes to use. Lastly, accuracy is the last factor we’ll find in this video. It’s accurate that art can affect the human brain. Viewing, analyzing, and creating art stimulates the brain in substantial and long-lasting ways. Each time you look at a piece of art, your brain is working to make sense of the visual information it’s receiving. From highly lifelike portraits to abstract collections of rectangles, looking at art stimulates the brain and puts our innate knack for organizing patterns and making sense of shapes to use. Beyond the brain’s skill at making sense of what we’re seeing, the brain actually goes through changes when we look at a beautiful art piece.

4 thoughts on “How art Can help you analyze blog post

1. Scott Levine

I really like the way you included both the traditional meaning of visual depth and tying that in to what it means in terms of intellectual standards. I wish you would have explained the logic part a little more. Maybe how the way the painting’s abstract logic may seem counter-intuitive, but actually has a logical meaning behind it. Or maybe how the video’s argument that the illogical details of the painting make one see real world logic and increase one’s perception. I also like how you expanded on the breadth of the original video’s argument and included different types of art and “our innate knack for organizing patterns”. I find your expansion of the video’s argument more convincing than original video.

2. Xiao Han

I like your summary. when people are observing, people’s brains also participating in the thinking process, which may be why it is necessary to observe more. During the activity of brain, our logical thinking has been improved. When observation and thinking are combined, the conclusion may be discovered naturally.

3. Chang Liu

I totally agree with your point “Everyone’s reaction to art may be different,but its ability to impact us is unquestioned.”I feel it’s a more objective expression comparing to what the producer of this video said because I suppose not everyone can improve their analysis ability from art.

4. Paul Fess

I found your point about the brain organizing visual information an interesting one because you’re hitting on a key part of the process of analysis. When we produce interpretations of anything–art, books, movies, conversations–we are re-ordering them in our heads and trying to figure out how they make logical sense. Great job.